We all had a fantastic time in Galway last week during the first edition of our new hands-on TV Series Rewrite Workshop. This project-led event is aimed at participants who have either done the main TV Series live workshop or have followed the TV Series online course, so that everyone speaks the same language and shares the same references from day one. This allows us to focus on the projects and on the group rather than on theory.
It was also the first workshop that I’ve delivered in person in two years, and it felt really nice to break out of my Zoom box for a while, meeting friends and making some new ones! All our workshops can be delivered online, but a hands-on event like this — with so much group work and project work — definitely benefits from either a hybrid form (participants gathered together even if I can’t join them due to travel restrictions) or a fully in-person configuration.
I’m very grateful to all the participants for being so generous, focused and enthusiastic during the workshop and for their kind words afterwards, to Creative Europe Desk Galway for commissioning the event and organising it so brilliantly and to the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland for their continued support.
The participants selected for this workshop were seventeen Irish writers, directors and producers developing eleven TV series projects. They were either working as a development team or as a team of solo writers joining forces during the workshop. They all embraced the challenge and it went very well. According to the participants, the experience was stimulating and inspiring, which is what we were aiming for!
Here is a full list of the participants and their projects:
- Seán Keeley (Writer) – The Brink
- Deborah Ní Ghibne & Jac Keady (Co-writers) – Home
- Billy McGrath (Writer) – Burgess G.D.
- Denise Deegan & Fiona Tuhoy (Co-writers) – Killfluencers
- Micheál & Seán T. Ó Meallaigh (Co-Writers) – Coole
- Martha O’Neill (Producer, Wildfire Films) & Miriam Devitt (Writer) – Trace
- Daniel Butler & Mike Heneghan (Co-Writers) – Cubs
- Laura Canavan-Hayes (Writer) – Dead on the Money
- Siobhán Ní Ghadhra (Producer, Danu Media) & Niamh O’Connor (Writer) – Mapping Keira
- Molly O’ Driscoll (Writer) – A Tale of Two Wolves
- Graeme (Writer) – The Vicious Circle
For more information about the participants, please take a look at the participants book.
And here are a few testimonials from the participants of this first TV Series Rewrite Workshop:
Many thanks to Eibhlín Ní Mhunghaile (Creative Europe Desk Galway) for her kind invitation and precious help in the preparation of this workshop. Here are a few words from her about her experience as an organiser:
To find out more about this TV Series Rewrite Workshop, please head to the workshop page or click on the logo below.