Consulting and Coaching
Over the last three decades, Emmanuel Oberg has worked as an international creative consultant, in parallel with his writing, on both film and TV projects.
Our coaching and consulting services are delivered online. Travel permitting, they can also be delivered in person. Please see the FAQs below for more details.
Currently, Emmanuel offers mostly one-off consulting on projects. Exceptionally, he can take a project on for ongoing coaching or consulting (i.e. following a rewrite with the writer and the producer). Emmanuel also offers a slate assessment service and a slate acceleration program for studios, film funds, groups and producers. Please get in touch for more information.
Important note: For various reasons, unless you are a participant of our self-led online courses or live workshops, we can only provide consulting and coaching services to studios / producers / film funds / training organisations (or filmmakers represented by an agent / manager). Thank you for your understanding!
Fees on April 1st, 2022
(excl. 20% UK VAT where applicable)
From £595 /project
- Initial reading of existing stage (screenplay or treatment for a feature film project, bible/pitch deck and, if available, pilot/first episode for a TV Series project, max. 130 pages in total).
- Up to 30-minute online meeting to discuss the project, its potential and what might need work.
- This online meeting can be extended to up to 90 minutes (Advanced Script Chat) for £995 instead of £595. Follow-up meetings on the same project can only be Advanced Script Chats.
- This is the initial stage if you’re unsure whether you’d like to commission Advanced Script Notes or a Script Consulting / Coaching package for a project.
- No written notes included, but they can be commissioned later.
Consulting and Coaching
From £4,995 /project
- Flat fee including up to 90 days of guaranteed access for feedback, design guidance and advice on various stages during the structural rewrite of a feature film project in active development (by email and Zoom, as needed). The consulting package starts at £4,995 while the coaching package starts at £9,995.
- The fee for TV Series projects might be higher and depends on the number of episodes as well as the number of writers involved.
- Writing stages can include scripts, pitches, treatments, scene breakdowns, step outlines and other story design or presentation documents.
- This package includes an initial in-depth online script meeting of up to 90 min. (if not already delivered with Advanced Script Notes).
- £1,000 can be deducted if a coaching or consulting package is commissioned within two weeks of the delivery of Advanced Script Notes on the same project.
Advanced Script Notes
- This advanced report (10-15 pages) contains an assessment of the main strengths and potential weaknesses of the project, looking at character, structure, tone, theme, genre and potential audience, followed by rewriting directions, a detailed action plan, page notes and step-by-step analysis.
- This package also includes an in-depth online script meeting (Advanced Script Chat, up to 90 min.) if scheduled within one week of the report delivery.
- £400 can be deducted if these notes are commissioned within a week of a Script Chat on the same project. This deduction goes up to £800 if the notes are commissioned within a week of an Advanced Script Chat on the same project.
Over the years we’ve been working with:
Have Any Questions?
Don’t hesitate to contact us if your question isn’t answered.
Who are These Script Chats, Script Notes and Script Consulting / Coaching Sessions for?
If that’s you and you’d like to move your film or TV project to the next stage, please get in touch.
How are the Script Meetings Delivered?
Our script meetings are usually delivered online, preferably on Zoom or MS Teams.
Travel permitting, they can be delivered in person, for an additional fee. Please contact us for more details.
How Is the Consultation Paid?
We invoice 100% on commission to schedule the work. Preparation starts when the payment is confirmed, and the work is delivered when the payment clears. Usually, the turnaround is 1-2 weeks for a script chat or script notes.
Payment is net, all currency conversion fees and bank charges are paid by the client. 20% UK VAT might be charged on top where applicable.
Are There Prerequisites or Language Requirements?
Our script chats, notes and coaching can be delivered in English or in French. Please specify if you have a preference, otherwise English will be used.
Register with us to receive our newsletter and
Get Access to FREE Resources
Interactive story tool, book samplers, bonus content, case studies and more!