This interactive story tool will help you identify the story-type of your project.
It’s free and entirely web-based, so there is nothing to install. Enjoy!
TO GET STARTED
If you aren’t familiar with the Story-Type Method, please download the FREE Sampler of Screenwriting Unchained from the Members’ Area (you’ll need to log in or register to get access). The sampler (first 60 pages of the book) provides a brief introduction to the method, though ideally you want to read the full book or take the self-led course to make the most of this tool. The short video below, taken from the course, supplements the reading but isn’t meant to replace it.
Please note that the dramatic three-act structure, based on a dramatic action or evolution, is not the same as the logistical three-act structure, based on a set number of pages or minutes. This is explained in the sampler and detailed in the book / course, along with key concepts such as managing information.
AFTER READING THE SAMPLER AND WATCHING THE ABOVE VIDEO,
Can you identify the story-type of your project?
IMPORTANT: if you’re reading this, it means that The Structurator is still locked and you can only access the introduction above.
To unlock The Structurator and enable all the features listed below, you need to register or to log in and then come back to this page.
Overall, The Structurator features:
- a selection of videos from our Advanced Development Course introducing each story-type
- some essential structural tips specific to each story-type
- many examples of movies or TV Series – both classics and recent ones – based on each story-type
- a fun, interactive introduction to the Story-Type Method
- an interactive story tool designed to lead you to the relevant information
- or the option to access directly the content related to your story-type
- there is nothing to download or install, it’s entirely web-based
Best of all, The Structurator is FREE!
You just need to register or to log in.
See you on the other side!
What People Say About The Structurator
Register with us to receive our newsletter and
Get Access to FREE Resources
Interactive story tool, book samplers, bonus content, case studies and more!